A wedding venue kissed by angels.
Overlooking the warm, blue Hauraki Gulf waters off Auckland and surrounded by vines and beautiful olive trees in a sun drenched valley, lies Passage Rock Winery and vineyard café.
Passage Rock delivers one of the most relaxed and romantic event venues on Waiheke Island.
We specialise in making your wedding as memorable as our wines, for you and all your guests. Our chef has created world-class menus to complement the wines and views.
Passage Rock is a love affair that follows the
will of the seasons and the instincts of the vintner. The intertwined canes of the Passage Rock wreath
represent the endless cycle of these seasons and the many human elements that go into the making of
wonderful wine and a beautiful life.
What we can offer you at a glance
- Wedding from 20 – 100 people
- Exclusive hire of the winery for the day
- Range of wines from the most awarded winery on Waiheke
- Private outdoor ceremony area surrounded by the vines
- Outside ceremony Barrel Bar
- On premises photo locations
- Custom designed menu
- Area for lawn games during canapés
- No noise control restrictions
- Absolute privacy
- Staffing and wedding coordination
- Transfer and transport package
Thank you for considering Passage Rock Vineyard Bistro for your wedding. This package is designed to give you a vision of what our venue can offer. We like to work closely with our couples to customise your wedding to suit your individual needs. Please feel free to make a time to visit the venue for a consultation.
CEREMONY & RECEPTION
Our most popular spot for small weddings ceremonies is the Pergola area surrounded by the vines. There is a natural outdoor isle from the bridal car entrance.
We usually use wine barrels for the signing but a seated table setting can be arranged.
There are many on-site options for photos.
Our Vineyard Bistro with its covered outdoor veranda area is suitable for seating dining for intimate groups up to 100 people however we can do larger groups for casual standing finger food receptions.
Our chefs can create a menu to suit your needs, budget and dietary requirements below are two examples of our popular menu options; from fine dining degustation to more informal banquet and platter menus.
With years of experience and local contacts our Events Manager can recommend locally sourced Waiheke services from hair and make-up to wedding cakes and cars.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
We can recommend our preferred suppliers whose proven track records for quality product and reliable service we know and trust.
FLORAL & WEDDING SETTINGS
You can choose to keep it simple by utilising our standard casual or formal settings, or choose to theme and design your own. Florists know our venue and will come and set up your flowers or we can do more informal settings for you.
TRANSPORT & ACCOMMODATION
We are able to arrange transfers from the ferry terminals or your accommodation. There are some accommodation providers that are closer to our venue that we can recommend.
MINIMUM SPEND & COST
WHAT DOES THE MINIMUM SPEND INCLUDE?
It includes all food and beverage consumed on the day, staff, set up and break down of the venue. Tables and chairs for 100, and more importantly: exclusive use of the venue for the entire day. There are no ‘hidden costs’.
Linen hire costs are not included as part of the minimum spend.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOU SEAT?
We can seat up to 120 guests. However, the most comfortable number is 100. You may hold your ceremony elsewhere, such as on the beach or at a church, then come to us for your reception.
We recommend holding your wedding ceremony after peak sun hours, preferably 3:00pm or later. From that point we are licensed until midnight.
WHAT ARE THE TABLE SIZES?
Each table comfortably sits 10, with 4 on each side and 1 on each end. You may choose the location and size of the bridal table, so this measurement will vary depending on each couple.
MAY WE BRING A DJ OR BAND?
You may bring any music you like. We have the facilities for an iPod and/or MP3 player. A DJ or band must provide all of their own sound equipment. This cost (for the music and/or the sound equipment) is not included in the minimum spend.
Rain is a good omen on a wedding day! Should it rain, the ceremony (if not being held off the premises) would be held inside the bistro/Cellar Door area.
Should you bring your own wedding cake, we are happy to portion it and supply plates and cutlery.
DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN’S OPTIONS?
We have a Child’s Menu available for $50.00 for 3 courses.
Infants wont be charged.
WHEN IS THE LAST FERRY BACK TO DOWNTOWN AUCKLAND?
Monday to Saturdays – 12:30am | Sundays – 11:15pm
HOW DO WE ORDER A BOTTLE OF VINTAGE PASSAGE ROCK WINE TO MARK OUR WEDDING YEAR?
You may pre-order Passage Rock Syrah of your wedding year at the time of organising your day.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. To ensure your requirements can be met, we request menu and beverage selections, final numbers and timing to be confirmed no later than 7 days prior to the function. Once final numbers are confirmed you will be charged for that number given.
2. A Venue Fee of $4,500 (weekdays) or $5,500 (Saturdays) is required within seven days of making the booking. If cancellation occurs due to unforeseeable circumstances a refund will be given of 50% up to 5 months prior to the date.
The Client agrees to begin the function at the scheduled time and agrees to have all guests and other persons vacate the premises at the time given, or for evening functions no later than 12:00 am.
3. Passage Rock Vineyard will take all possible care but will take no responsibility for any loss or damage to any items or property belonging to guests or other persons during the function.
4. It is the responsibility of the Client to provide insurance cover for their employees, contractors, or subcontractors while on-site at Passage Rock Vineyard.
5. The Client is financially liable for any damage sustained, or loss incurred to property through their own actions or through the actions of their guests, contractors or sub-contractors.
7. Liquor may not be brought onto Passage Rock premises for consumption – we are strictly non BYO. This is for both food and beverages.
8. Sound System: The Passage Rock fixed sound system, which includes an iPod player and speakers, is available for guest use. Guests may play their own iPod, within reason, and under the control of Passage Rock staff. The sound system does not include the use of DJ dance party equipment (i.e. CDJs, big amps, and mixers). These would need to be provided by either the guest or the hired DJ.
9. There is a minimum total charge of $12,000. All prices are quoted GST inclusive.
10. Final payment for the day will also need to be settled before departure. We would appreciate no paper confetti or other items of this nature to be thrown either in the restaurant or the olive grove, please use rose petals or rice if confetti must be thrown.
11. For your wedding Passage Rock will provide the following – * cutlery, crockery, glassware, Service Staff. Passage Rock will not provide – * wedding cake, live musicians or DJ, flowers, table arrangements, place names, linen.
12. We do not allow use of pyrotechnics or large fireworks. Any sparklers etc. must be approved by Passage Rock.
13. Please sign below your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and send in with your Venue Fee.
PASSAGE ROCK WEDDING
$120 6 Courses
Oyster, Cucumber and Apple amuse bouche
Fresh market fish, served with Blood Orange Zest Rillette, seasonal vegetables and Macadamia Powder
Smoked Gravlax served with Guacamole, Blackberry, Lemon Confit
Reserve Chardonnay and Szechuan Pepper Jelly
Slow Cooked Lamb served over Truffle Oil Mash with a
Pineapple Sage Sauce
Gourmet cheese selection served with homemade Focaccia and condiments
Almond Sponge, Star Anise, Peach, Plums and Red Fruit
$110 (Wines not included)
Scallop, Cauliflower Risotto, Squid Ink, Buerre Noisette Emulsion
Passage Rock Reserve Matuku 2017
Wild Mushrooms with Truffles and Croutons
Passage Rock Reserve Chardonnay 2017
Venison served with Fresh Fig, Potato Duchesse, Wine and Sage Jus with a Dried Fig and Honey Chutney
Passage Rock Syrah 2010
Passage Rock Reserve Cabernet 2013
Gourmet Cheese Selection
Passage Rock Reserve Syrah 2012
Poached Pear with Estate, Apple Compote and Crème Vanilla
Passsage Rock Late Harvest Cabernet 2016
Te Matuku Oysters
Club Sandwich, Chicken Caesar
Club Sandwich, Smoked Salmon, Lemon Crème Fraiche
Spring Rolls, Soya Sprouts, Carrot and Rice Noodles, Mint and Lemon
Potato Salad, Red Onion, Chives
Guacamole on Rice Petal
Calamari and Aioli
Prawns Parsley Persillade
Beef Cheek on Focaccia Bread
Salmon Gravlax Wasabi Cream
Pan con Tomate Proscuitto